Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sauteed Sweet Banana Peppers


Photo by Flippers09. Flickr
This summer was the first time I've ever planted banana peppers and needless to say, I was very impressed with their performance in my garden. My plants produced so many of these taste light green peppers, that I started to saute them almost daily. If your a big fan of sweet banana peppers like I am, then you should try the recipe I've listed below. It's quick to put together and it doesn't require a lot of ingredients. In this recipe I prefer to saute the peppers whole.
Ingredients;
Sweet banana peppers
Extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large frying pan, pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan and heat the oil over medium heat. After the oil is heated add the sweet peppers whole and saute them over medium heat. Half way through the cooking process, add the chopped garlic cloves. After the peppers are soft and able to Peirce easily with a fork, add some salt and pepper to taste and they're ready to serve. You can use sauteed sweet banana peppers in salads, sandwiches or as a side dish with any main dish.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make green peppers exactly the same way as you described it, only leaving the garlic cloves out. Next time I'll add them to get a new touch to this wonderfully easy recipe.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, The garlic will work very well with your green peppers. I'll also have to try and make green peppers the same way. I'm sure they're delicious.

Jan said...

Lydia, your recipe sounds delicious, and one that would be no problem at all to prepare.

My son loves hot peppers, mild or hot, but this sounds like something that my husband would enjoy, too!

Lydia said...

Hi Jan, This is a very easy and quick dish to whip up. You can even mix hot and mild peppers together following this same recipe, if your son's also a fan of hot peppers. I love hot peppers myself. I grow hot peppers in my garden every year. This year I grew jalapeno peppers and habanero peppers.

Jan said...

Wow, habaneros..you really do like them hot! :)

Lydia said...

Hi Jan, Yes I do like very hot peppers and my hubby does too. I like to keep habaneros at hand for some of the dishes I make.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia,

I bought some Italian sauce during Italian week over here, it is called "crema di funghi porcini" and tastes delicious. I believe, this mushroom is the yellow boletus. Do you have a recipe for that from your mother?

Lydia said...

Hello Olivia, I don't have this recipe, but it sounds delicious. I will see if I can get this recipe and try it out myself. I love all kinds of mushrooms, so I'm sure I'll like it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia,

I love mushrooms, too, especially in fall. We used to collect them in the woods, when we were children.

Lydia said...

Hi, Olivia, I intend on placing a very tasty stuffed mushroom recipe on my blog in the near future. It one of my mom's recipes and it was do good.