Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Interview

Olivia, who is a well known German author, sent me some questions that I would be happy to answer for her. I will list the five questions, then after each question I will write my answer.
1) What was the most joyful event in your life?

Answer: The most joyful event in my life was the day the lord blessed me with my two beautiful children. They mean the world to me and this was the most welcoming, joyful, and life changing experience in both mine and my husband's life. It's amazing how two people can share something so wonderful, such as the birth of their child and having the honors of raising them, as well as getting to know the new little soul that enters their lives.

2) If you could be a plant which one would you be and why?

Answer: If I could be a plant, I would choose to be a rose bush. The reason is, because rose bushes are so striking and beautiful to look at, but you must be careful not to get pricked by their thorns. It almost makes me think these plants can keep some people at bay by their painful thorns and therefore those who decide to pick off of the rosebush must do it carefully.

3) If you could be an animal which one would you be and why?

Answer: Even though Butterflies are my favorite, I wouldn't choose to be one, because these dainty little beauties have to contend with way too many predators. I would choose to be my second favorite animal, which is a tiger. Tigers are so colorful, mysterious, beautiful and
powerful. They travel, hunt and live in solitaire, not in packs such as the lion does, which makes them the true kings of the jungle in my book.

4) What is the most important lesson you want to teach your children to prepare them for life?

Answer: We now live in a time where our world is full of ugliness and evil. It's impossible to keep my children sheltered from it, because by doing so I would also be sheltering them from the goodness and innocence that still exists. It's extremely important for me to teach my children how to make their life decisions, carefully and wisely. I want them to treat others the way they themselves would expect to be treated and to know that the unconditional love and understanding they radiate out to others, including other creatures and the earth itself is a priceless gift to give. It's not only important to respect your fellow human beings, but it's just as important to respect the other living things around you such as, every living creature, plants and our environment.

5) What do you see in art, why have you become an artist?

Answer: When I look at the art of others, I admire the uniqueness from one piece to the next. I hate to say that someones work is better than another. This is simply untrue. Everyone possesses a uniqueness within them and they express it in different ways. I admire the differences and see their inner beauty within their work. You can really see a part of the artist in their composition, if you study it. This may sound a bit odd, but I've never thought of myself as an artist. I've always loved to draw, paint, and create what ever I could. About 10 years ago, I was out in my back yard searching for some clay because we had clay soil. I gathered up a bunch of it and made a pretty sunflower out of the hunk of dirty clay I found.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lydia,

thank you for answering the interview questions. Your children are very lucky to have you as a mother. A rose and a tiger - what an interesting choice.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, Thank you for the complement.

sue said...

Wonderful answers... I love things like this because I get to know the people much better from their responses.

Jan said...

I like your answers to Olivia's questions, Lydia.

You sound like a wise, warm, and loving person.

Lydia said...

Hi Sue, I think this is a great idea. It does help to get to know other people better by having these great interviews.

Lydia said...

Hi Jan, Thank you for the kind complement. I went to visit your blog today and it's quite interesting. I shall return and visit your blog more.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lydia,

I just reread the answers you gave to my interview, because I like them so much.
What you write about the tiger certainly applies to yourself: beautiful, colorful, powerful and mysterious.
You also live in solitaire, as all artists do, not in packs.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, You are right, I have a small social circle of close friends. I've always been introverted. I do believe many artists are this way. My husband is the same way as I am and he is a very talented musician. This is one of the reasons why him and I get along so well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sending me Paul's composition "Coming over". I listen to it often, because I like Paul's voice, the melody and the lyrics of that song.