Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Iris


Photo by Sarah Andrew. Flickr

There's a game called tag being played right now. I have just been tagged by Olivia, so I've decided to play the game. The object of the game is to choose some people you would like to tag. After you have notified them to let them know you've tagged them, they will need to use each letter out of their middle names to describe themselves. If you don't have a middle name like me, then you can choose a name you like and do the same thing. The name I'm going to use is Iris, because I've always loved the name and I was thinking about naming my daughter Iris just before she was born. Here goes with my answers.



Iris;


I- Intuition- Being intuitive about different situations taking place in a person's life, is quite an advantage for someone to have. Working on developing my own intuition is a major part of my life. Meditation is a very good technique to practice for sharpening one's intuition. I find meditating outdoors in nature, is one of the best ways to get in touch with my own inner being, while getting in tune with the universe at the same time. Meditating outdoors when I can, helps to keep me balanced, thus helping me to tap into my intuition more often.


R- Resilient- It's so important for me to be able to bounce back from any negative situation that takes place in my life whether it be physically, emotionally , mentally, or spiritually. If possible I will try to bounce back from negative situations by exercising, eating healthy, keeping my thoughts positive, meditation and prayer, spending a lot of time outdoors and keeping a journal.

I- Introvert- Being shy and trying to keep myself quiet and unnoticeable when I'm around a crowd of people, I think I can label myself as being an introvert. Some of my best times are spent by myself or with my hubby. I prefer to keep my life quiet, with only a few close people around me.

S- Sensitive- I find myself to be a very sensitive person. My feelings get hurt very easily. Many sad, or hurtful events and situations happening around me, are able to touch my heart and soul at a deep level. I really feel for others who are going through a tough time in life. When my friends need to talk to me about things they are sad or hurt about, I will try my best to stop what ever it is I'm doing, so they can have my undivided attention and can talk to me about their troubles .

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, here it is, the long-waited-for post, accompanied by your mother's beautiful angel statue.

I like the name you chose, IRIS. It is the name of a flower today, but in ancient times the Greek goddess of rainbow was called IRIS.

Meditation plays an important role in my life too, just like in yours. I am looking forward to seeing your butterfly knowledge cards for meditation, when they'll be published.

Intuition, introversion and sensitivity are the marks of a true artist, you couldn't have characterized yourself better.
Resilient you certainly are, after all you have gone through.

Thank you for playing, dear Lydia.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, Thank you for your comment and thank you for choosing me in the game of tag.

sue said...

I love the statue...and the name Iris. I happen to love the Iris flowers, too!

Believe it or not, I'm very introverted too. It is much easier for me to be an extrovert on the i-net.

Very nice and thoughtful answers!

Lydia said...

Hi Sue, I'm the same way. It's much easier for me to be a bit more adventurous online than in public. Thank you for commenting and thanks for the complement.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, I forgot to thank you for telling me that Iris was the greek goddess of rainbows. We see a beautiful huge rainbow, always in the same exact spot, while sitting on our front porch after thunder showers all summer long.

Anonymous said...

Do you make a wish?
I always wish for something when I walk under a rainbow. Sometimes the wishes come true, sometimes not.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, Yes I do make wishes on rainbows and I tell my kids to do the same. Unfortunatly, the angel photo is not my mom's. I wish I could snap photos like that, but I'm not talented in the photography department. The angel pic I have posted is on my favorites list from Flickr. Flickr is a place where talented photographers submit photos, so people like me can use them their blogs and other web pages. people also go there just to view the work.

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful angel, Lydia, even if it is not your mother's, and it goes well with the contents of your post.

Jan said...

Very nice, Lydia...sounds like you are a truly sensitive soul.

I like the angel statue picture, too. I have many different angel figurines, and I have given many for gifts, because most people seem to like them.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, I thought it would fit with the contents too. I just love beautiful outdoor statues.

Lydia said...

Hi Jan, Thank You. Outdoor angel statues are one of my favorites. This may sound a bit morbid, but there are some beautiful angel headstones that I like to look at, while visiting my mom at the cemetery. I also have a friend who collects angels, so I usually buy her one every year for her birthday.

Anonymous said...

I keep a small bronze angel in my car to keep me safe while driving.
At home I have little blue and white cutout wooden angels hanging on a twig which is suspended from the ceiling.

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, I think it's good to keep angels around our homes and our cars. They can help to guide and protect for us in our daily lives.

Anonymous said...

I also like the names Angela and Angelika, they sound nice.