Friday, September 7, 2007

Steamed Green Beans and Olive Oil

Photo by What Rhymes With Nicole. Flickr

If your a fan of fresh green beans like I am, then you will love this easy to make recipe I have listed below. If you don't grow your own green beans, you can simply go to your local grocery store to purchase them the same day you plan on whipping this dish up. For those of you who lucky enough to have green beans in their gardens, I recommend harvesting them the day you decide your going to make them, because the fresher the beans, the better this recipe will taste.
Ingredients;

A large bunch of fresh green beans, stems removed

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 tbsp parsley

Salt and pepper to taste

1 tbsp red wine vinegar

3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Place your washed and stemmed Green beans in a large steamer. Cover the pan and steam your beans for about 15 minutes or till they are tender, but still have some firmness to them. Once they are cooked, place them in a large bowl. Add the minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Toss everything together and serve. If you want to save time, you can make this Dish a few hours before your going to eat and serve it at room temperature. Whether you serve the beans warm or at room temperature, they're just as delicious both ways. This recipe goes well as a side with Grilled meats and vegetables, Paired with a nice Pinot Noir.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Lydia..your blog is quite interesting, and your recipes sound pretty good, too!

I was just scrolling through a few of your posts, and I am sure that I will enjoy becoming a regular visitor. :)

Lydia said...

Hi Jan, I'm happy you like my blog. I intend on posting many delicious and healthy autumn recipes within the next few months. I hope you stop by often to read my new posts.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Hello Lydia,

what about the interview you promised? Is it coming?

Thank you -
Olivia

Lydia said...

Hi Olivia, I will have the interview between you and I posted on my blog by tomorrow sometime during the late morning hours.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lydia, I am looking forward to reading it.

Rio Vista Boy said...

This recipe reminds me of my Grandma's greenbeans only she of course being from the south had to add salt pork to the mix. Awesome. The fresh greenbean still stands as my favorite vegetable.

Lydia said...

Hi Vin de vine, geen beans are one of my favorites too. I love southern cooked dishes. I'm sure your grandmother is a great cook.