Tuesday, July 24, 2007

BEST EVER ZUCCHINI BREAD


Zucchini Squash #1
Originally uploaded by Blooms n' Twigs
Two Years ago my close friend gave me her mom's Zucchini bread recipe. To this day the only recipe I will follow, is the one she was kind enough to share with me. Today I am going to whip up my first few batches of this mouthwatering desert. As my garden gets overloaded with summer squash, I make plenty of bread to freeze for the winter months, so I can continue to enjoy the fruits of my labor, long after my garden is gone.

Ingredients;

3 Tbsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of grated and well drained zucchini
3 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of chopped nuts
1 8 oz can of crushed and well drained pineapple
1 cup of raisins (optional)

preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside. Beat eggs until fluffy, then add sugar, vanilla and oil. Blend all these ingredients together. Add zucchini, flour, baking soda, and baking powder, then blend well. Stir in the chopped nuts, pineapples, and raisins. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pans. Bake for one hour. After 40 minutes of baking time, check to see if the middle is cooked with a toothpick. When the toothpick comes out clean the bread is done. Remove the bread from the oven and let them cool in their pans for 15 minutes. When 15 minutes are up, Remove them from the loaf pans and let them cool completely on a rack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This zucchini bread sounds delicious. What I shame that I cannot bake.
But I might have one of the figures in my new thriller bake it:

Martha, an elderly lady of 78 living in Frankfurt, is a great baker and cook. I'll have her bake your zucchini bread.

Olivia Kroth, "Ein Tod zum Tod" (A Door to Death")

Lydia said...

That sounds really neat Olivia. This bread is soooo goood. Lydia