Saturday, June 30, 2007

THE BEAUTY OF BUTTERFLIES


BUTTERFLY
Originally uploaded by
Jingle526
Since my garden backs up to the woods, I make sure there's milkweed growing for the monarchs, plus plenty of wild flowers for other species of butterflies floating about in search of nectar to sip on. My Buddleja Bushes are covered with butterflies all summer long. These 7 foot perennials produce long fragrant lilac-like flowers in many attractive shades including golden yellow, snow white and deep purple.
There's nothing more therapeutic on a hot summer day than lounging in my yard as these pretty winged creatures flutter gracefully past me while frolicking in the air with one another, as if playing a game together.

2 comments:

Olivia Kroth said...

Hi Lydia,

I am glad to have found your gardening blog. I think it is wonderful - and you are a very pretty woman on the foto.

My garden faces some meadows and woods, too. I also find it very relaxing to spend afternoons in the garden working and watching birds and butterflies.

I have a yellow brimstone butterfly visiting my flowers, and in the early mornings there are blue bonnets sitting in the trees singing.

I saw in your profile that you are a Libra, I am a Taurus with ascendent in Libra.

We have quite a few things in common.

Have a nice summer,

Olivia

Lydia said...

Olivia, Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog.